Click here for a pdf: MPAC Lead Technician Job Description 0917
LEAD TECHNICIAN – Merryman Performing Arts Center (MPAC), Kearney NE
- Oversee technical aspects of event production, including touring company load-in/out, event set-up/teardown, and use of the audio, lighting, and rigging systems.
- Work with touring technical and artistic personnel, school faculty, venue staff, and community members to see that programs and events run smoothly and successfully.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of technical equipment and theatre systems, including cleaning equipment, soldering wires, and other duties.
- Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures related to stage operations.
- Serve as the chief event safety officer for the auditorium, stage, and backstage areas in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Perform and supervise limited set construction, painting, basic rigging, and other stagecraft activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Knowledge of modern theatre audio and lighting systems; experience in audio engineering and basic lighting design; working knowledge of stage rigging and counterweight systems and standard operation; knowledge of electrical circuits and the ability to perform basic wiring; ability to effectively supervise and train others; strong interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to: perform the basic functions of the position; work a flexible schedule as needed to perform specific jobs and/or assignments; work cooperatively with the public, faculty, and staff; work independently with minimal supervision; work as a member of a crew comprised of students and professionals; understand and interpret technical riders, ground plans, sections, light plots, etc.; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; provide exceptional customer service to a wide variety of clients in the execution of events; exercise good judgment; be detail oriented; recognize and solve problems; use technology, computers, and software.
Preferred: Theatre degree with a technical emphasis or commensurate experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Shawn Deiger, MPAC Operations Manager, at [email protected]. For further information, contact (308) 698-8299. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest.